Andrew Norris

Because of softball, I did not have the opportunity to attend Andrew Norris' talk. Though true, I did get to chat with him in my practicum class and visit his website to look and reflect on his art. His art is super intriguing and after meeting and talking to him, I can see his influence and connection to his work. He is one of the youngest "successful" artists that I have gotten the pleasure to speak with about my work and his own. While looking at the thematic iconography within his different series, like Queer Appalachia and Toxic Masculinity you can see his expression of identity through out. His art approaches and, I personally believe conquers personal and universal problems and conversations. His art addresses the inclusion of the non-binary, gay sexuality, and addressing/confronting the patriarchy in a way I haven't seen done before. It's beautiful and mature, while being fun and playful through artistic style and composition. The color choices and his inclusion of pop cultural references draw and connect viewers into his view point and beliefs. He is an extremely talented artist who gave me great insight to my own project. I am extremely grateful for the notes, critiques and compliments that came from such an inspirational and amazing artist. 






Comments

  1. I really love his color choices also. I feel like his color choices make really strong statement about his intention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Penelope Umbrico

Final Installation: A Preview to My Senior Gallery Show