My Installation

 For my installation project, I am basically doing a mock up of my final gallery show with the senior art majors in the spring. Because my idea is daunting to set up in only the 12 hour time period we get, I am taking this class to really put together what I am doing and how in the hell I am actually going to pull it off. My senior project consists of filling a massive wall with images of the animals from my animal shelter. The goal of this is to advocate for not only the adopt don’t shop mission, but also to advocate for the mental health benefits of owing an animal. Through my work and art, I hope to bring awareness and advocacy to both mental health and homeless animals who are searching for homes with the hope that these two ideas might be connected. Through the numerous photographs of different animals I have met at the shelter and testimonies from animal owners and lovers I hope to be an advocate for the role of the emotional support animal and help break down stereotypes of shelter animals and mental health. Taking a chance on shelter animals are the perfect way to help those in need while helping your own mental health and over all well being. I am basing my show off of an artist named Penelope Umbrico who creates massive artworks and installations with little pieces of art. Her work is absolutely amazing and has made head way all over the world. Because I have over 1,000 images, collaging and installing every photograph during install time is going to be very difficult. I am hoping that this practice run will allow me to figure out what works verse what doesn't so I can be prepared for May.










 

Comments

  1. I really love your project idea. It's really touching about the adopt don't shop mission and also the mental health benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Penelope Umbrico

Andrew Norris

Final Installation: A Preview to My Senior Gallery Show