Working as a Group

 In all honesty I haven't ever created an installation and Monday's experience was definitely on that put me outside of my comfort zone for multiple reason. For starters, I am not one who likes working with others in group projects, especially when it comes to my artistic vision and process. I was worried that my ideas would clash with others and that I wouldn't have much to contribute to the installation. Though these thoughts were in my head, I tried very hard to contribute ideas and help set up, adding to the groups artistic vision. Once we all got going, I found it was actually very easy to work as a group and that though we all had different thoughts, we all were able to create an inclusive installation that incorporated and included all of our ideas. 

The final product was super entertaining and really cool to get to walk through and create your on story while looking at it. You could see everyone's contribution within the installation and see all the different visions come to one, even though we were just creating out of junk we found. Overall, the installation was super fun to put together and was a real test to my creative mind. Taking random junk and turning it into art truly showed me where my brain could lead me and our group and it was interesting to see how I create art with stuff that wasn't originally meant to be art. 














Comments

  1. Your writing next to the underwear was hysterical, and really invited me to join in! Then Johnie coming back through and nailing dirty plastic bags over the writing was another layer of collaboration. I agree that I had no idea what was going to happen, but it was easy and great fun to work in a group together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Penelope Umbrico

Andrew Norris

Final Installation: A Preview to My Senior Gallery Show